Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2015

DOT DAY 2015!!!!

What an amazing day!! On Dot Day we celebrate all the things I try to instill in my students- bravery, creativity and making your mark!
Students showed up to school today decked out in their dots.  I especially liked the outfits students made themselves- like the pom pom necklace, and shirts that were hand painted or decorated with dot stickers.  Students really embraced the idea of creativity!


I wore my own dots and was very excited to see the others teachers getting into it as well!  Mr. LaBruna painted his arms!  Mrs. Keplin had dots on her sweater and nails and Ms. Ryan even wore dot stickers on her hat and her shoes!!
Teachers even did dot day activities in their own classrooms!! (Thanks Mrs. Speziale!!)
So what did we do in the art room today?  Well, I decked out my room with dot streamers and balloons (and even carried around my dot balloons all day)


Every student that entered my room today was asked to "make their mark" on my dot day sign in board.


Students who had me today took a break from our regular activities to create some dot day trading cards.  Following the theme of creativity and bravery, students got creative when creating their own dots for their card.  Students were also asked to put a try statement on their card- something they would like another person to be brave enough to try.




In addition to the trading cards students were asked to create dot day awards.  Students were asked to think of someone that works at the school that has "made their mark" on them.  At the end of the day I placed all the awards in the teachers mailboxes.


I can't wait to celebrate this special day again next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment